Here is another recipe for "eggs in a cup" .. cup of bacon that is! this looks very easy and very delicious.
"EGG IN A CUP RECIPE
Recipe inspired by Gale Gand’s new book “Brunch“.
- 5-6 slices of pastirma (or bacon or ham)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp grated cheese (I used Gruyere)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- To prepare the three minute tomato sauce, peel the tomato and squeeze to remove juice and seeds (if you do this in a bowl, you can use the juice and seeds later in a salad). Chop the tomato finely and cook with 1 tbsp of olive oil for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and put aside.
- Take a muffin tin (if you don’t have one, you can use soufflé cups instead) and oil the cups with 1 tsp of olive oil, place the slices of pastirma inside, leaving a quarter inch overhang from the edge of the cup (be careful not to leave any gaps between or beneath the slices, though). Cook in the oven until crispy, for about 3 minutes.
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven, add one teaspoon of tomato sauce on the bottom and place the egg whites on the top. Cook until the whites are slightly stiff (the upper part should still be somewhat transparent, again 2-3 minutes at most).
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven again, add one more teaspoon of tomato sauce and place the egg yolks very carefully in the middle. At this point, I recommend to use the lower shelf of the oven (egg yolks cook very quickly and the tops get wrinkled with direct heat). Cook until the egg yolks gently wobble when you shake the muffin cups, for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the top and serve hot. "