Friday, October 1, 2010

HOMEMADE IS BEST BY IKEA

Summary of the new IKEA baking book "Hembakat är Bäst" in bulletpoint form:
  • Photographer: Carl Kleiner / Agent Bauer
  • Stylist: Evelina Bratell
  • 140 page coffee-table baking book
  • Inspired by high fashion & japanese minimalism
  •  to tone down the actual cake and put the ingredients in focus
  • The recipes are presented as graphic still-life portraits on a warm and colourful stage.
  • 30 classic swedish baking recipes everything from small biscuits to large cakes. Enjoy.

     I think this first one is a PRINCESS CAKE! like the ones sold @ the IKEA cafeteria!













    I wonder if it is in english AND swedish... UGH I hope so. I love the deconstruction and reconstruction. You can appreciate the ingredients and then see how they come together as a dessert. It's simplicity in its design makes baking look so easy... I actually want to put in the time and start baking! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment